Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

We're going to Disney World!

J suprised me with our first family vacation shortly after he started his new job. I've been busy planning ever since. This is the first time we are doing anything "big" as a family. Peanut loves Bush Gardens so we are feeling brave.

So far we know that we want to stay on property.  I've narrowed it down to the Pop Century Resort or the All Star Movies. They both seem to have a lot that the kids will enjoy without blowing our budget on the room. I was even more excited when J suggested we take advantage of their annual pass payment program. We plan to make a few trips this year including Star Wars weekend for my birthday. (J really does bring out my inner dork ;-p) We also think it will take away the pressure of seeing and doing everything since we can come back another day. That will do wonders for Peanut because she'll probably be a bit overwhelmed.

We plan to do a charactor meal, but we haven't decided where yet. The kids are going to love it! Se don't even have to worry about Sweet Pea's allergies because Disney was kind enough to send us a list of places that he can eat and what menu items are safe. I was so thankful for that list because I was already stressed about making sure he'll have food to eat and whether or not to pack a cooler full of his foods. They are also offering some amazing accommodations for Peanut. It is a relief to know that we will be able to relax and really enjoy our vacation.

I am also very excited because we will be doing the kids first haircuts at The Harmony Barber Shop on Main Street at the Magic Kingdom. We have an appointment shortly after noon so we can hopefully catch the barbershop quartet.  I am excited because the kids also will receive first haircut mouse ears. I wanted to hold off on cutting Peanut's hair until she could let us know if she wants it long or short but with her sensory issues brushing her hair is like starting a war. I have been hesitant vto cut Sweet Pea's hair. He has such beautiful curls and the longer hair really suits him. But when it is wet it is almost halfway down his back and it could really use a trim. I think we're going to keep it longer for now.

I'll probably post more of our plans as they come together and of course there will be tons of pictures after the trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment