Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

i forgot about the camera wire being mia and took all our pictures on the camera. I'll try to get them and many other pictures that have been held hostage posted soon.

The kids had a blast! Since we don't do "The Easter Bunny" we waited to do baskets until after breakfast. My boy was so excited, he ran to me happily screaming and couldn't even wait for us to put the basket down he started checking everything out right away. My girl was pretty excited too but was content waiting and going through her basket piece by piece. My boy eventually dumped her basket and started helping her go through everything.

This year we cut the candy except for a couple ring pops and 3 eggs with jellybeans and went for fun stuff. They each got a couple books, a couple art activities, little toys, stuffy toys, chalk, hair ties for my girl and trucks for my boy.

My girl has a trouble letting us brush and sometimes even touch her hair. We've been working with her but it is still a battle. Our hopes were the new hair accessories would make it a little more excited. She wants to use them but gets frustrated because we have to touch her hair. It's still a challenge but a very encouraging step in the right direction.

The excitement ended up being a bit much for them so we did the egg hunt yesterday and are finally dying eggs tomorrow. I guess it's not about when it happens, just that we are spending time together and having fun. It sometimes makes me a little annoyed that we can't do everything in one day but it is more enjoyable for all of us when they aren't melting down from being overwhelmed.

I hope everyone's Easter was wonderful. How did you celebrate?

No comments:

Post a Comment