Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Gardening

The kids and I are starting a garden this year. I am very excited to see how everything comes out. With an exception of my raspberry bush we are growing everything from seed. My goal is to provide non gmo produce for my family. This year I bought a few more hybrids than I would have liked because I would like to save seeds. Next year my goal is to plant all heirloom varieties and go completely organic. I am trying to stay as close to organic methods this year but with it being our first year who knows what we'll run into. we are getting started a bit late but I think ee'll still have good results.

My boy hasn't really shown interest yet but my girl is so excited. She has a hat she wears each time she waters her corn. It is precious! Today we had our first spouts pop up and she was amazed. I love that we have this to share together. ♥

I was very excited to find a corn hybrid that could be grown in containers. It was the first year it was released so Daddy J asked me to take and post pictures. :-) I didn't get one of my girl watering but will probably tomorrow.

I wasn't too crazy about ordering from Burpee because they do get some seeds from a division of Monsanto but they assured me they are all GMO free.

No comments:

Post a Comment